Listen to the Subcontractor Q&A Call The advisor, Danielle Cuomo, spoke on subcontracting in general. A few of the questions discussed were:
- Would you say expertise and niche have the same definition for a subcontractor? Can you explain?
- While working on a project is it necessary to stay consistent with communication tools like email, phone, IM , project mgt software or documents?
- If you get stuck while working on a sub project how do you suggest letting the contractor know, without them losing faith in your expertise?
- Is it proper to ask the budget or time frame the contractor expects a project will take to complete?
- How often should you communicate with a project manager or contractor? Weekly, daily or monthly?
- Are there skill sets that are really difficult to find subcontractors with the knowledge of? (Ex., web design, writing etc) How can they show they have this valuable expertise?
- How does a sub contractor market himself/herself, if he/she has a specialized niche like real estate/web designing, etc?
- Any do’s/don’ts for subcontractor’s while marketing their skills/expertise?
- Should subcontractors use social networks to promote themselves and what groups should they join?
FOLLOW THE ADVISOR:
Danielle Julia Cuomo, M.B.A.
Virtual Assist USA | Owner
Twitter | @virtualasstusa
Skype | danielle.julia.cuomo
Produce better pod casts SmartPodcastingSkills